“Safe, Reliable, Capable”
I specialize in both sail and power vessels up to 60ft. in length and focus on regional deliveries between Nova Scotia and New York City.
I consider myself an expert on the southern portion of the Hudson River, Long Island Sound, Block Island Sound, Narragansett Bay, Vineyard Sound, Buzzard’s Bay, Cape Cod Bay, and the Gulf of Maine, exhibiting thorough knowledge of coastal waters, weather, and tides for this region.
I also thoroughly enjoy and have in depth knowledge of coastal waters between New York City and Savannah, Georgia; having grown up on the Chesapeake Bay and frequenting waters both north and south.
In general, I always take the Inter Coastal Waterway (I.C.W.), due to the protection and numerous marine facilities this route provides along the way. When a weather window is favorable and I’m confident the boat is up to the challenge, I will go “outside” to save the owner time and money.
- EASTERN SEABOARD AND I.C.W.: Professional delivery/relocation of your boat to any point on the eastern seaboard.
- DOWN EAST EXPRESS: Maximize your valuable vacation time actually cruising the spectacular Maine coastline, rather than just trying to get there and back. In most cases, I will save you days of sailing time by delivering your boat to your favorite cruising ground prior to your vacation, and then back home again. I have fourteen years experience providing service for this popular summer migration!
- RACE/REGATTA: Providing pre/post race delivery between New York City and Down East Maine. Hire me to deliver your boat back after the Figawi Race, a Marion or Newport/Bermuda Race, Marblehead/Halifax Race, Block Island, New York Yacht Club Regatta, or Buzzard’s Bay Race Week in a safe and timely manner. Racers, spread the word!
- PRE/POST SEASON: After spring commissioning, hire me to deliver your boat to your mooring/slip, or back to your winter storage facility in the fall.
- BOATSHOW EXPRESS: Geared toward yacht brokerages and boat manufacturers. Reliable service to get your boat safely to and from the show, or delivered to your client after purchase.
RATES FOR CAPTAIN:
$300 per day within a 12 hour period, $400 for overnight deliveries within a 24 hour period.
RATES FOR CREW:
$150 per day/per crew within a 12 hour period, $250 for overnight deliveries within a 24 hour period.
THE “FINE PRINT”:
- Per day is based on the first 12 hour period that we are underway. An owner will be charged an additional $100 for each captain/crew during a non-stop overnight delivery exceeding the 12 hour period, and within a 24 hour period. An owner will not be charged for captain/crew time while docked or anchored for the night (i.e. not underway).
- I may choose to stop each night/occasional nights during a multiple day delivery aboard a power or sailboat if/when it is necessary due to size of crew or if advisable to do so based on weather.
- Deliveries of 12 hours or less will typically need only one crew depending on the size of boat. I run with one additional crew for overnight passages (trips exceeding 12 hours), and two additional crew for trips exceeding 24 hours to prevent fatigue and promote safety.
- One crew member will be hired if the boat is over 35ft. No crew is necessary for local deliveries of boats less than 35ft. if weather permits.
- Weather and mechanical delays will be charged at one half of day rate for each captain/crew (i.e. $150 for captain and $75 for crew)
- $15 per hour travel time for each captain/crew getting to boat and getting home.
- All expenses related to provisions (for overnight deliveries), dockage, fuel, travel, and mechanical failure/repair will be passed on to the owner via an expense report/invoice. Many owners provide us with a credit card to take along with us to simplify this matter.
- NOTE: Owners are responsible for properly preparing and outfitting the vessel prior to delivery. Vessels must pass my inspection prior to leaving.
- NOTE: Final payment due within one week of receiving invoice.
- NOTE: 50% deposit due at least one week in advance if airline tickets are necessary. 50% deposit is required prior to departure if trip is to exceed 24 hours (to help cover related expenses) unless an owner credit card is provided.